BannerCharge: Configure Gateway Accounts
Gateway accounts allow you to accept credit card payments from your website. Before adding a gateway account to BannerCharge you must set up an account with a third party payment processor, or you can create a test gateway to use during website testing & maintenance. The following payment processors are currently supported by BannerCharge:
- Authorize.net - 3.0
- BannerCharge Credits
- Chase Paymentech Orbital Gateway
- Global Gateway e4 Solutions
- Innovative Gateway Solutions
- Internet Secure
- Link Point
- My VirtualMerchant
- Paypal (Link based)
- Quantum Gateway
- Test Gateway
To Add a Gateway Account:
While in the BannerCharge grip, click Gateway Accounts > Add New in the top navigation, or click the Add New Gateway Account icon on the BannerCharge dashboard's All Options tab.
Locate the gateway with whom you have an account and click Add. See Gateway Account Settings below.
To Modify a Gateway Account:
While in the BannerCharge grip, click Gateway Accounts > Manage in the top navigation, or click the Manage Gateway Account icon on the BannerCharge dashboard's All Options tab.
Locate the appropriate gateway and click Modify to change the gateway settings, or click Toggle Activity to activate & deactivate the gateway. See Gateway Account Settings below.
Gateway Account Settings
Specific settings will vary depending on the gateway account and always include some sort of ID and Key or Password. All the necessary information for these settings must be obtained from the third party payment processor with whom you have an account. Additional settings are described below.
- Configuration Nickname: Specify a name to distinguish this gateway from others. This is for admin use only and is not displayed on the website.
- Allow gateway company to send merchant receipts to customers: Some gateway accounts have the ability to send receipts to your customers. Click Yes to enable this.
- Test Card Number: (Available on Test Gateway only) Specify a fake credit card number to use during test transactions. When using the Test Gateway, entering this credit card number will trigger a successful transaction response, and any other credit card number will trigger a failed transaction response.